I grew up mostly with my father in a blue collar, working class, middle class home. My dad served in Vietnam and did what he could to make sure I had the best educational opportunities and could play baseball. My paternal grandpa came to the U.S. from Canada and volunteered to serve in WWII (10th Armored Division, a liberating unit of Dachau sub camps). My grandma came from Scotland. My mother came from South Korea and has been a successful small business owner for most of her life.
I was raised with an awareness that the United States of America was a special place, a land of opportunity, where hard work is rewarded. My grandpa, grandma, and mother came to this country to serve and pursue opportunity through hard work. When this country needed bravery in battle, they served. When times were tough, they worked hard to provide – and wouldn’t complain.
My wife was fortunate enough to come to the U.S. from Laos. She was the first in her family to graduate from college and was a public school teacher when we met. She’s a homemaker and home educator to our children.
Cody, my stepson, is 23 and lives with us. He has mild Down syndrome and has played basketball for the local Namp Express of the Special Olympics and baseball in various special needs leagues. Cody enjoys going to NNU basketball games and loves Sino Buffett. He loves serving as a greeter at church.
Our daughter Kira loves to learn, help others, and roller-skate at the Nampa RollerDrome. She’s an avid reader and goes through piles of books every few weeks, making the most of the library. She likes the baked goods at Flying M.
Our daughter Lexi enjoys art and music. She also loves gymnastics and roller-skating. Both of the girls love to bake.
Ezra loves Legos and Hot Wheels. He really enjoys the Rec. Center and playing at the various parks in Nampa.
Zoey is our youngest. She’s full of life and likes playing outside. She also enjoys the Rec. Center and going to the park.
We lost a little one in a miscarriage and also sponsor a boy in Indonesia through Compassion International.
- Senior Pastor @ Sovereign Grace Fellowship
- Executive Director @ Lifeline Pregnancy Care Center
- In the past, I’ve been employed as:
- Associate Pastor
- Youth Pastor
- High School Teacher
- Varsity Baseball Coach
- Middle School Teacher
- English Tutor
- SAT Preparation Tutor
- Loader @ UPS
- Fleet @ Toyota
- B.Th. and Th.M. and various certificates from the following institutions:
- Baseball/Academic Scholarship @ Central Christian College
- Calvary Chapel School of Ministry (Costa Mesa, CA)
- The King’s University
- South African Theological Seminary
- The North American Reformed Seminary
- Professional Writing @ The University of Texas (Austin)
- Non-profit Management @ University of the Pacific
- Marketplace Ministries @ Western Seminary
- U.S. Constitution 101 @ Hillsdale College
- Kern Fellow @ Acton University
- Fatherhood Engagement @ The National Fatherhood Initiative
Past/Current Community Involvement/Volunteer Roles/Affiliations:
- Support Love INC, Lifeline Pregnancy Care Center, Salvation Army Family Shelter, Lighthouse Rescue Mission, GEM Friends, Special Olympics, Boys/Girls Club, Food Bank
- Orphanage support in Tijuana, Mexico
- Baseball coach for Buddy League (league for special needs)
- Little League manager/head coach
- 7/8th grade girls basketball coach
- Girls softball coach for Nampa Recreation League
- Baseball coach for Challenger Division Little League in Boise, ID (league for special needs)
- Buddy Walk (Down syndrome Awareness)
- Community editorial board member @ The Idaho Press-Tribune
- Contributing author at Fatherly and The Policy
- PTA (Parent-Teacher Association)
- Lifetime Member of Home School Legal Defense Association
- Member of NRA
- Member of Strong Towns
- Member of Canyon County Historical Society